NPQ for Early Years Leadership
Chiltern Teaching School Hub is proud to work with the National Institute of Teaching for the National Professional Qualification for Early Years Leadership.
What is the NPQ for Early Years Leadership?
Designed for early years leaders qualified to at least Level 3 with full and relevant qualifications working in a wide range of Early Years (EY) settings including Private, Voluntary or Independent (PVI) with leadership responsibilities.
If you do not have a TRN number and wish to apply for an NPQ then please click here for guidance.
What you’ll learn:
- How to establish and sustain your setting’s strategic direction
- How to develop an evidence-based teaching culture
- How to plan and deliver a high-quality, nurturing curriculum, which supports child development and helps all children to flourish
- How to implement communication, language and literacy approaches to support children’s learning
- How to manage children’s behaviour effectively, and to support their personal, social and emotional learning, so that they feel cared for and fulfilled
- How to ensure that all leaders, practitioners and teachers can identify any additional needs early on, and have the necessary knowledge to make appropriate referrals
- How to prioritise, allocate and manage resources effectively, in order to ensure sustainability across all settings
- Rigorous approaches to identifying, managing and mitigating risk
How you’ll learn:
The programme is made up of eight modules, studied over 18 months. Each module contains a combination of self-study units, locally delivered in-person sessions, online masterclasses delivered by specialists, coaching and virtual visits to a school.
There are three or four scheduled events every half term, some online and some in-person. There are also around six hours of self-study.
Find out more: Click Here