National Professional Qualifications
Complete our expression of interest form if you would like to be speak to someone about these qualifications: Click here
Chiltern Teaching School Hub are please to be working with Best Practice Network for the delivery of the full suite of NPQ
What are National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)?
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are trusted, transferable qualifications accredited by the Department for Education. They are designed to help you hone and develop the skills you already have, helping you become a more effective leader inside and outside the classroom.
How are NPQs being reformed?
From September 2021, reformed National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) will offer teachers and leaders clearer development opportunities and career progression. These qualifications will build on key areas of the Early Career Framework (ECF), allowing for further specialisation and development of expertise and help prepare teachers and leaders the next step in their careers.
The reformed qualifications aim to:
- help teachers hone and develop the skills they already have, helping them to become more effective leaders inside and outside the classroom and improving overall teaching quality
- retain high-calibre teachers by offering clearer development opportunities and career progression.
NPQs in specialist areas of teaching
The 3 new NPQs are:
- leading teacher development: supporting the training and development of others
- leading teaching: developing teachers who are subject leads or responsible for improving teaching practice in a subject or phase
- leading behaviour and culture: developing teachers who have responsibilities for leading behaviour and culture
To find out more information please visit https://www.bestpracticenet.co.uk/npq where you will also be able to apply for all of the 6 NPQs